*Master P is questioning a judge’s decision to grant his estranged wife full custody of their minor children due to his no-show in court on Monday, insisting he was unaware there was even a hearing scheduled.
The rapper has been in a nasty custody battle with his ex Sonya Miller since she filed for divorce in October after 24 years of marriage. On Monday, a judge awarded her sole custody of their four young kids after he failed to respond to her legal filings. He was also ordered to pay Sonya’s $75,000 legal fees, which includes sanctions for failing to attend the hearing.
P is now speaking out, telling AllHipHop.com he worries his ex’s alleged addiction troubles will affect her ability to properly look after their children.
“This is disappointing and embarrassing to me,” he said. “I just got back into town from holding basketball camps in Kentucky, helping at-risk youth and have to come back home to deal with negativity in my own family. How can a judge grant custody to an unfit mother whose only motive for gaining custody is to get more money? Sonya’s only concern is herself, partying and hanging out with her friends…”
Master P, real name Percy Miller, also claims he’ll take legal action against her attorneys if anything happens to the children while under their mother’s care.
“I didn’t need the court or judge to tell me to do what’s right for my kids, that’s what I want to do and that’s my lifelong commitment to all of my kids,” he said. “Sonya knows that she has a drug and alcohol addiction, everyone else will see that there is a real problem because that’s something you can only hide for so long. If anything happens to my kids while they’re in her custody, I will be suing her attorneys as well as the court system for not properly investigating this case.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here