*The judge in George Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit against NBC Universal is scheduled to hear arguments on a request by the media company to toss the case.
A hearing has been set for June 19, reports the AP. The case had been postponed pending the conclusion of the Trayvon Martin shooting case. Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder last July in the shooting death of the 17-year-old in Florida.
The former neighborhood watch volunteer sued NBC in 2012, claiming he was defamed when the network edited his 911 call to police after Martin’s shooting to make it sound like he was racist.
NBC Universal said in a court filing that Zimmerman failed to comply with Florida’s statute regarding retraction requests after the March 2012 broadcasts at issue. It also argued that the harms Zimmerman says he suffered were not caused by the broadcasts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here