*The judge in George Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit against NBC Universal is scheduled to hear arguments on a request by the media company to toss the case.
A hearing has been set for June 19, reports the AP. The case had been postponed pending the conclusion of the Trayvon Martin shooting case. Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder last July in the shooting death of the 17-year-old in Florida.
The former neighborhood watch volunteer sued NBC in 2012, claiming he was defamed when the network edited his 911 call to police after Martin’s shooting to make it sound like he was racist.
NBC Universal said in a court filing that Zimmerman failed to comply with Florida’s statute regarding retraction requests after the March 2012 broadcasts at issue. It also argued that the harms Zimmerman says he suffered were not caused by the broadcasts.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here