*There’s a secret epidemic in Black America. HIV is striking the black population more than others with rates reaching epidemic proportions. In fact, Black Americans are currently nearly eight times more likely than White Americans to be HIV positive.
OWN’s popular docu-series “Our America with Lisa Ling” will explore how the social and economic pressures have helped drive the spread of the disease, and introduces five courageous men and women who have decided to come out of the shadows for the very first time to help pave the way for greater acceptance of the disease.
Continue reading at EURThisNThat
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here