*Rick Ross is suddenly 100 pounds lighter.
The hefty Miami rap star revealed his new slimmed-down frame earlier this month at Hot 107.9 FM’s Birthday Bash, and says he lost the weight the old fashioned way – through diet and exercise.
“I’ve been doing this CrossFit thing, you know, shout-out to Reebok, we had started doing that, you know, last year, sometime and you know, it’s just catching up a little bit,” he told 93.9 WKYS FM in April.
In a backstage interview in London last month with Tim Westwood, Rick admitted he’s eating healthier now, too.
“You know, the most I used to do for exercise was stand up to count the money, you know what I’m saying?” Rick said. “But now, they, they, you know, they give me fruit to eat. I forgot what fruit, you know, tasted like. I eat pears now and s–t like that.”
The weight loss follows several years of serious heath issues. On October 14, 2011, Ross suffered two seizures in the same day, once in the morning and once again early evening.
Following the morning seizure, he was unconscious and CPR was being performed. Ross boarded another plane later in the day and suffered another seizure.
However, Ross told WKYS that the weight loss wasn’t just for health reasons.
“It was just time for me to tighten up a little bit, you know what I’m saying,” he said. “As far as, you know, me working out…I have no destination, no specific weight.”
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here