*Rick Ross is suddenly 100 pounds lighter.
The hefty Miami rap star revealed his new slimmed-down frame earlier this month at Hot 107.9 FM’s Birthday Bash, and says he lost the weight the old fashioned way – through diet and exercise.
“I’ve been doing this CrossFit thing, you know, shout-out to Reebok, we had started doing that, you know, last year, sometime and you know, it’s just catching up a little bit,” he told 93.9 WKYS FM in April.
In a backstage interview in London last month with Tim Westwood, Rick admitted he’s eating healthier now, too.
“You know, the most I used to do for exercise was stand up to count the money, you know what I’m saying?” Rick said. “But now, they, they, you know, they give me fruit to eat. I forgot what fruit, you know, tasted like. I eat pears now and s–t like that.”
The weight loss follows several years of serious heath issues. On October 14, 2011, Ross suffered two seizures in the same day, once in the morning and once again early evening.
Following the morning seizure, he was unconscious and CPR was being performed. Ross boarded another plane later in the day and suffered another seizure.
However, Ross told WKYS that the weight loss wasn’t just for health reasons.
“It was just time for me to tighten up a little bit, you know what I’m saying,” he said. “As far as, you know, me working out…I have no destination, no specific weight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here