*The AT&T Center in San Antonio looked more like a hot church in the middle of July last night, as crowd members were forced to fan themselves with anything in their possession that would generate wind.
The air conditioning unit failed in Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs, which sent temperatures on the floor soaring to the low 90s – and more importantly — left LeBron James with severe cramping in his legs.
Down by two with 3.59 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Heat’s star player had to be carried off the court. His team went on to lose 110-95.
“It was the whole left leg, damn near the whole left side,” James said after the game. “I was losing a lot [of fluids] throughout the game. It was extremely hot in the building, you know, both teams, fans, everybody could feel it.
A power failure for the electrical systems that run the AT&T Center left the arena without AC. The Spurs Sports & Entertainment group said in a statement Friday that the air conditioning had been repaired and would continue to be monitored going into Sunday’s Game 2.
NBA President of Basketball Operations Rod Thorn said there wasn’t anything that could be done about the oppressive temperatures during the game. He said at no point was there consideration to stop or postpone the game because of the issue.
“Had the referees felt at any time or had I felt at any time — I was sitting the second row at midcourt — were such that the game shouldn’t be continued, then they would have come over and said something to me,” said Thorn. “Never did, I never said anything to them regarding the fact that the game should be canceled.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here