*After just one airing of its new series “Power,” Starz today announced that the new crime drama has been renewed for a second season.
Creator, showrunner and executive producer Courtney Kemp Agboh and fellow executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, David Knoller and Randall Emmett will all return for the sophomore run.
The eight-episode first season is set in two different worlds, the New York club scene and the brutal drug trade. It follows James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) as he attempts to leave his illegitimate lifestyle behind.
Production is set to begin on the 10-episode second season in and around New York, as well as at its home base at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn this September.
“’Power’ is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this. Viewers may be loving the start of season one now, but season two will blow them away,” says executive producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
“Power” premiered to roughly 2 million viewers this past weekend. New episodes air Saturdays at 9 p.m.
Watch the trailer for Episode 2 below:
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here