*After just one airing of its new series “Power,” Starz today announced that the new crime drama has been renewed for a second season.
Creator, showrunner and executive producer Courtney Kemp Agboh and fellow executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, David Knoller and Randall Emmett will all return for the sophomore run.
The eight-episode first season is set in two different worlds, the New York club scene and the brutal drug trade. It follows James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) as he attempts to leave his illegitimate lifestyle behind.
Production is set to begin on the 10-episode second season in and around New York, as well as at its home base at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn this September.
“’Power’ is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this. Viewers may be loving the start of season one now, but season two will blow them away,” says executive producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
“Power” premiered to roughly 2 million viewers this past weekend. New episodes air Saturdays at 9 p.m.
Watch the trailer for Episode 2 below:
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here