*After just one airing of its new series “Power,” Starz today announced that the new crime drama has been renewed for a second season.
Creator, showrunner and executive producer Courtney Kemp Agboh and fellow executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Mark Canton, David Knoller and Randall Emmett will all return for the sophomore run.
The eight-episode first season is set in two different worlds, the New York club scene and the brutal drug trade. It follows James “Ghost” St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) as he attempts to leave his illegitimate lifestyle behind.
Production is set to begin on the 10-episode second season in and around New York, as well as at its home base at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn this September.
“’Power’ is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this. Viewers may be loving the start of season one now, but season two will blow them away,” says executive producer Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
“Power” premiered to roughly 2 million viewers this past weekend. New episodes air Saturdays at 9 p.m.
Watch the trailer for Episode 2 below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here