*Two months ago, 276 schoolgirls were kidnapped from Nigeria’s Government Secondary School by terrorist group, Boko Haram.
Since then, Black Twitter sparked a campaign and world discussion to #bringbackourgirls.
Last Friday night, Tyrese Gibson with the help of “Afrika Fifty6” put on a benefit concert to raise awareness and aid to the victims and their families impacted by the tragedy.
“When someone sees how much traction and attention something gets like this when you make a statement, naturally other folks are going to have the idea pop up on them,” Gibson told HipHollywood.
Gibson encouraged folks to do more and be active in raising awareness.
“Lets go beyond holding up a sign from the convenience of your house. Lets gets our knees dirty, orchestrate, use your influence that God has given you to try to change the world and make a difference.”
Many celebrities came out and showed their support for the cause.
“The minute I heard about it on the news it was devastating. I think it’s a tragic situation and I’m glad that Tyrese has put together this event to give back and help,” Karrueche Tran said.
“Having kids of my own, I could imagine having then kidnapped and nothing being done about it,” Los Angeles Clippers player, Matt Barnes added. “Hopefully we can raise awareness, raise money and help get those girls home.
Watch a clip from the benefit below:
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here