People don’t just leave an enormous tip for a waitress at a place like Waffle House unless they are really impressed with the service.
Shaina Brown should be proud of herself. As a waitress who works the late shift at a Waffle House in Raleigh, she has learned a few things over the past seven years; and customer service is apparently one of them.
But even on her best night, she could not have imagined what happened on Mother’s Day at 3 a.m.
A patron eating a Texas bacon patty melt called Brown over and said, “I’m going to bless you tonight.”
The man paid his bill with a credit card and wrote $1,500 on the tip line. His only request was that Brown share $500 with a haggard-looking woman at a table nearby.
Then he told Brown, “You have a good spirit,” and left in a taxi.
You can only imagine the thoughts going through the single mother’s head as she tried to wrap her brain around what just happened. She could get those new shoes for her three kids; fix the broken transmission on her car, and pay some bills.
If management had let her keep it, that is.
Continue reading at EURThisNThat
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here