People don’t just leave an enormous tip for a waitress at a place like Waffle House unless they are really impressed with the service.
Shaina Brown should be proud of herself. As a waitress who works the late shift at a Waffle House in Raleigh, she has learned a few things over the past seven years; and customer service is apparently one of them.
But even on her best night, she could not have imagined what happened on Mother’s Day at 3 a.m.
A patron eating a Texas bacon patty melt called Brown over and said, “I’m going to bless you tonight.”
The man paid his bill with a credit card and wrote $1,500 on the tip line. His only request was that Brown share $500 with a haggard-looking woman at a table nearby.
Then he told Brown, “You have a good spirit,” and left in a taxi.
You can only imagine the thoughts going through the single mother’s head as she tried to wrap her brain around what just happened. She could get those new shoes for her three kids; fix the broken transmission on her car, and pay some bills.
If management had let her keep it, that is.
Continue reading at EURThisNThat
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here