*June 30 is the 25th anniversary of “Do the Right Thing” and the Obamas share a special connection to the film.
And for that sentimental reason, the Obamas taped a special message before a screening of the film at Los Angeles County Museum of Art last Friday night.
President Obama shared with the audience their experience at the movies.
“We had eaten lunch at the Art Institute of Chicago, gone for a little walk and then I took her to this new movie everybody was talking about, directed by a guy that not that many people had heard of, but it was supposed to be pretty good,” President Obama said in the message.
A racially-charged, sociopolitical and independent film isn’t necessary a date movie, but for the two intellectuals — they enjoyed themselves.
“He was trying to show me his sophisticated side by selecting an independent filmmaker, and it ended up being a pretty good movie — really great,” the first lady said.
And 25 years after getting together, the President thanked Lee for helping him impress the first lady.
Watch it below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here