*June 30 is the 25th anniversary of “Do the Right Thing” and the Obamas share a special connection to the film.
And for that sentimental reason, the Obamas taped a special message before a screening of the film at Los Angeles County Museum of Art last Friday night.
President Obama shared with the audience their experience at the movies.
“We had eaten lunch at the Art Institute of Chicago, gone for a little walk and then I took her to this new movie everybody was talking about, directed by a guy that not that many people had heard of, but it was supposed to be pretty good,” President Obama said in the message.
A racially-charged, sociopolitical and independent film isn’t necessary a date movie, but for the two intellectuals — they enjoyed themselves.
“He was trying to show me his sophisticated side by selecting an independent filmmaker, and it ended up being a pretty good movie — really great,” the first lady said.
And 25 years after getting together, the President thanked Lee for helping him impress the first lady.
Watch it below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here