*In comments Saturday billed as a message to the American public, “Ray Donovan” actor Jon Voight aired his political grievances for several minutes in a televised statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Those grievances range from (but are not limited to) Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the “targeting” of conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, illegal immigration, the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court case, the treatment of war veterans, the chaos in Iraq and deep reservations about President Obama.
“Five years ago, I stated that Obama would take the country apart piece-by-piece, that he would cause a civil war in this country,” Voight read on Saturday in a statement on Mike Huckabee’s Fox News show. “In hindsight we can see how many things have come to pass.”
“Let us remember, let us not forget Benghazi,” he continued. “Let us not say what difference does it make. Obama found a perfect way to put this under the rug, blaming Republicans, saying that they just want to find fault with his administration. And still to this day we still not know the truth.”
Voight, the father of Angelina Jolie, has long been outspoken about his conservative-leaning political beliefs. During his Fox News appearance, he also singled out the Democratic Party on social issues.
“The Democrat party has become a very negative force … it’s more socialist in their thinking, and they’ve given young women the wrong ideas about what democracy really is,” he said.
“[Congresswoman] Debbie Wasserman Schultz is the gang leader for all the wrong information to our young women,” Voight said, “Convincing them that Republicans are stopping their liberties and freedoms of reproduction when the truth is, as the Supreme Court upheld, that religious freedoms are being infringed upon.”
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here