*In comments Saturday billed as a message to the American public, “Ray Donovan” actor Jon Voight aired his political grievances for several minutes in a televised statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Those grievances range from (but are not limited to) Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the “targeting” of conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, illegal immigration, the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court case, the treatment of war veterans, the chaos in Iraq and deep reservations about President Obama.
“Five years ago, I stated that Obama would take the country apart piece-by-piece, that he would cause a civil war in this country,” Voight read on Saturday in a statement on Mike Huckabee’s Fox News show. “In hindsight we can see how many things have come to pass.”
“Let us remember, let us not forget Benghazi,” he continued. “Let us not say what difference does it make. Obama found a perfect way to put this under the rug, blaming Republicans, saying that they just want to find fault with his administration. And still to this day we still not know the truth.”
Voight, the father of Angelina Jolie, has long been outspoken about his conservative-leaning political beliefs. During his Fox News appearance, he also singled out the Democratic Party on social issues.
“The Democrat party has become a very negative force … it’s more socialist in their thinking, and they’ve given young women the wrong ideas about what democracy really is,” he said.
“[Congresswoman] Debbie Wasserman Schultz is the gang leader for all the wrong information to our young women,” Voight said, “Convincing them that Republicans are stopping their liberties and freedoms of reproduction when the truth is, as the Supreme Court upheld, that religious freedoms are being infringed upon.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- Beyonce's Lemonade Drama, Prince Updates, Boycotting Target and More! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here