*Grammy-winning singer Alicia Keys has signed with Ron Laffitte and Guy Oseary at Maverick for management.
Laffitte, whose clients include Pharrell Williams and OneRepublic, and Oseary, who’s been guiding Madonna’s career since 2005 and recently signed U2, will co-manage Keys and partner with Keys’ company, AK Worldwide, on the artist’s music, entrepreneurial and philanthropic endeavors, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Keys had been managed by Will Botwin at Red Light Management since November 2010. The two “parted ways amicably,” says a rep for the singer, songwriter, producer and actress.
Keys is currently working on her sixth studio album. Since first breaking onto the scene in 2001 with the hit “Fallin’,” she has won 15 Grammy awards and sold a total of 18.4 million albums in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Keys’ last album, 2012’s Girl on Fire, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 (her fourth album to do so) and has sold 755,000 to date. Before that, her 2009 release, Element of Freedom, moved 1.6 million.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here