On Monday, the New York Post revealed the first official image of the couple from the film with Yaya Dacosta as Whitney and Belize-born actor Arlen Escarpeta as the late singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown. The Post’s photo, which is Escarpeta’s first official image from the movie, comes days after Entertainment Weekly posted the first image of Decosta as Houston.
After marrying in 1992, Houston and Brown experienced a rocky relationship that often followed them. In 1993, the pair welcomed their daughter Bobbi Kristina — who has been a well-known critic of the film and lashed out as Bassett via a series of harsh tweets calling the director a “basket case.”
Lifetime’s Whitney Houston movie is scheduled to air on the network in 2015.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here