On Monday, the New York Post revealed the first official image of the couple from the film with Yaya Dacosta as Whitney and Belize-born actor Arlen Escarpeta as the late singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown. The Post’s photo, which is Escarpeta’s first official image from the movie, comes days after Entertainment Weekly posted the first image of Decosta as Houston.
After marrying in 1992, Houston and Brown experienced a rocky relationship that often followed them. In 1993, the pair welcomed their daughter Bobbi Kristina — who has been a well-known critic of the film and lashed out as Bassett via a series of harsh tweets calling the director a “basket case.”
Lifetime’s Whitney Houston movie is scheduled to air on the network in 2015.
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here