On Monday, the New York Post revealed the first official image of the couple from the film with Yaya Dacosta as Whitney and Belize-born actor Arlen Escarpeta as the late singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown. The Post’s photo, which is Escarpeta’s first official image from the movie, comes days after Entertainment Weekly posted the first image of Decosta as Houston.
After marrying in 1992, Houston and Brown experienced a rocky relationship that often followed them. In 1993, the pair welcomed their daughter Bobbi Kristina — who has been a well-known critic of the film and lashed out as Bassett via a series of harsh tweets calling the director a “basket case.”
Lifetime’s Whitney Houston movie is scheduled to air on the network in 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here