On Monday, the New York Post revealed the first official image of the couple from the film with Yaya Dacosta as Whitney and Belize-born actor Arlen Escarpeta as the late singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown. The Post’s photo, which is Escarpeta’s first official image from the movie, comes days after Entertainment Weekly posted the first image of Decosta as Houston.
After marrying in 1992, Houston and Brown experienced a rocky relationship that often followed them. In 1993, the pair welcomed their daughter Bobbi Kristina — who has been a well-known critic of the film and lashed out as Bassett via a series of harsh tweets calling the director a “basket case.”
Lifetime’s Whitney Houston movie is scheduled to air on the network in 2015.
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here