*Azealia Banks has been granted her wish to cut ties with her record label Universal after the release of her debut album was repeatedly delayed.
The rapper has been waiting to share “Broke With Expensive Taste” with fans since 2012, but a feud with Universal executives has prevented that album from seeing the light of day.
Banks has threatened to leak the material herself on several occasions after the label failed to act in January when she issued a desperate plea to be dropped from their roster.
“Universal needs to just hand me over to another label who knows what to do with me,” she wrote. “I’m tired of having to consult a group of old white guys about my black girl craft. They don’t even know what they’re listening for or to. Can someone at Sony buy me off of Universal please?? i’m really in hell here. I Really should have signed with Sony.”
Now it appears Banks has finally gotten her wish.
“Im About To Get Out Of My Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats The Big Surprise,” she tweeted recently.
Banks has yet to reveal the details of her label split or which label she plans to sign with next.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here