*Azealia Banks has been granted her wish to cut ties with her record label Universal after the release of her debut album was repeatedly delayed.
The rapper has been waiting to share “Broke With Expensive Taste” with fans since 2012, but a feud with Universal executives has prevented that album from seeing the light of day.
Banks has threatened to leak the material herself on several occasions after the label failed to act in January when she issued a desperate plea to be dropped from their roster.
“Universal needs to just hand me over to another label who knows what to do with me,” she wrote. “I’m tired of having to consult a group of old white guys about my black girl craft. They don’t even know what they’re listening for or to. Can someone at Sony buy me off of Universal please?? i’m really in hell here. I Really should have signed with Sony.”
Now it appears Banks has finally gotten her wish.
“Im About To Get Out Of My Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats The Big Surprise,” she tweeted recently.
Banks has yet to reveal the details of her label split or which label she plans to sign with next.
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here