*Azealia Banks has been granted her wish to cut ties with her record label Universal after the release of her debut album was repeatedly delayed.
The rapper has been waiting to share “Broke With Expensive Taste” with fans since 2012, but a feud with Universal executives has prevented that album from seeing the light of day.
Banks has threatened to leak the material herself on several occasions after the label failed to act in January when she issued a desperate plea to be dropped from their roster.
“Universal needs to just hand me over to another label who knows what to do with me,” she wrote. “I’m tired of having to consult a group of old white guys about my black girl craft. They don’t even know what they’re listening for or to. Can someone at Sony buy me off of Universal please?? i’m really in hell here. I Really should have signed with Sony.”
Now it appears Banks has finally gotten her wish.
“Im About To Get Out Of My Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats The Big Surprise,” she tweeted recently.
Banks has yet to reveal the details of her label split or which label she plans to sign with next.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here