*Azealia Banks has been granted her wish to cut ties with her record label Universal after the release of her debut album was repeatedly delayed.
The rapper has been waiting to share “Broke With Expensive Taste” with fans since 2012, but a feud with Universal executives has prevented that album from seeing the light of day.
Banks has threatened to leak the material herself on several occasions after the label failed to act in January when she issued a desperate plea to be dropped from their roster.
“Universal needs to just hand me over to another label who knows what to do with me,” she wrote. “I’m tired of having to consult a group of old white guys about my black girl craft. They don’t even know what they’re listening for or to. Can someone at Sony buy me off of Universal please?? i’m really in hell here. I Really should have signed with Sony.”
Now it appears Banks has finally gotten her wish.
“Im About To Get Out Of My Deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats The Big Surprise,” she tweeted recently.
Banks has yet to reveal the details of her label split or which label she plans to sign with next.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here