In an exclusive interview with media partner, theJasmineBRAND.com, the “R&B Divas LA” cast member shares what REALLY happened with Prince’s security, whether or not she was taking subliminal shots at the world famous artist and if she was offended by his alleged Twitter response.
theJasmineBRAND.com: There have been a number of reports that you shared an unpleasant experience at Essence Festival (over the weekend), that involved Prince’s security. Can you explain the situation?
Lil Mo: I was backstage. The security at the top of the walkway told us to walk through the back. Dynamite and I were walking and got held back by police and other security. My fiancé and I were like, ‘What’s going on we have all access passes? They told us to go this way’. The cop said, ‘You gotta stay here for like 2 minutes’. I said, ‘I have to go to the restroom, and if I pee on myself it’s gonna be some mess’. They blocked us from walking by because Prince was walking through. I was like, ‘Seriously!! are you kidding me. I’m not gonna even bother him’. I wont EEM [even] look at him — because I heard he doesn’t like people to look at him. Had that been his personal concert I would’ve been like ok — I feel you. But this is Essence. You have to be credentialed and invited or you not getting in. I think it was messed up. I don’t know who is to blame. I’m an artist too. Shade is, he wasn’t the ONLY artist that did that this weekend. It was too much for my mind to wrap around that people do that coming through clearing the way, like they Obama. C’mon. We are co-workers LOL.
theJasmineBRAND.com: Were you referring to Prince?
Lil Mo: I didn’t say NO names and I didn’t see none of his performance. He was NOT the only one that performed! I was talking about JJ Fish ahahahahaa. I just know the art of manipulation and people fall for it. OMG all they have to do is read a few books that shows you how to make people THINK you talking about 1 thing.
Visit theJasmineBRAND.com for the full interview.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here