*Word has it that Beyoncé has been secretly shopping for a bachelorette pad.
With rumors of her marriage to Jay Z heading toward divorce, the New York Post is reporting that Bey looked at a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse in early June — just a couple of weeks after the videotaped elevator altercation involving her husband and her sister Solange.
Fueling the notion that Beyoncé is not shopping for the both of them is the fact that Jay Z has always been extremely involved in their real-estate deals, sources told the paper. Yet he was nowhere to be seen during the apartment showing, they added.
The source also claimed Jay would be loathe to leave their current posh Tribeca pad,
noting that their 8,309-square-foot Tribeca crib is more than twice the size of the 4,045-square-foot West 19th Street pad Bey was looking at. “I can say with certainty that Jay is not downsizing.”
The source said it would seem clear the new home is for Beyoncé and their 2-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
A publicist for Beyoncé hung up when asked for a comment, while a Jay Z rep said she knew nothing about either of them looking for a new apartment.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here