*Word has it that Beyoncé has been secretly shopping for a bachelorette pad.
With rumors of her marriage to Jay Z heading toward divorce, the New York Post is reporting that Bey looked at a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse in early June — just a couple of weeks after the videotaped elevator altercation involving her husband and her sister Solange.
Fueling the notion that Beyoncé is not shopping for the both of them is the fact that Jay Z has always been extremely involved in their real-estate deals, sources told the paper. Yet he was nowhere to be seen during the apartment showing, they added.
The source also claimed Jay would be loathe to leave their current posh Tribeca pad,
noting that their 8,309-square-foot Tribeca crib is more than twice the size of the 4,045-square-foot West 19th Street pad Bey was looking at. “I can say with certainty that Jay is not downsizing.”
The source said it would seem clear the new home is for Beyoncé and their 2-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
A publicist for Beyoncé hung up when asked for a comment, while a Jay Z rep said she knew nothing about either of them looking for a new apartment.
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Neighbors Watch in Horror as Two Girls Jump from Burning Building
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here