*Word has it that Beyoncé has been secretly shopping for a bachelorette pad.
With rumors of her marriage to Jay Z heading toward divorce, the New York Post is reporting that Bey looked at a $21.5 million Chelsea penthouse in early June — just a couple of weeks after the videotaped elevator altercation involving her husband and her sister Solange.
Fueling the notion that Beyoncé is not shopping for the both of them is the fact that Jay Z has always been extremely involved in their real-estate deals, sources told the paper. Yet he was nowhere to be seen during the apartment showing, they added.
The source also claimed Jay would be loathe to leave their current posh Tribeca pad,
noting that their 8,309-square-foot Tribeca crib is more than twice the size of the 4,045-square-foot West 19th Street pad Bey was looking at. “I can say with certainty that Jay is not downsizing.”
The source said it would seem clear the new home is for Beyoncé and their 2-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
A publicist for Beyoncé hung up when asked for a comment, while a Jay Z rep said she knew nothing about either of them looking for a new apartment.
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Allergic to Clothes: Indian Farmer Has Been Naked for 40 Years!
- Pres. Obama to Appear on NBC’s ‘Running Wild With Bear Grylls’…For Real
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here