*Busta Rhymes looked like the spokesman for Lifesavers to some of the folks watching the 2014 BET Awards.
Rhymes received much backlash for his choice of fashion — opening up the doors for social media to poke fun. However, the veteran rhymer has a message for his critics.
He wants them to know he didn’t care 22 years ago or he doesn’t care now about their criticisms of his wardrobe.
“It’s a good thing,” he said. “One thing people have to remember about Busta Rhymes is that if I ever really gave a f***, I wouldn’t be the same dude that everybody has grown to love 22 years later.”
He continued on letting the haters know he’s comfortable in his fashion.
“I’m the same dude who could comfortably put on Givenchy s***, Tom Ford s***, and then could come through, turn around and customize a sleeveless trench vest like the one that I had on when I was standing next to Martha Stewart.”
Rhymes is amused by all the attention, nevertheless. He always is amused by the attention.
“The beautiful thing at the end of the day is that there’s never been a time in music when a motherf***** ain’t talking about Busta Rhymes,” he said. ” It’s when they stop talking that we have a concern. And I’m not really going to have that concern ever. You’re going to see me doing a whole of other s*** in addition to this, because I’m always going to diversify the portfolio, and I’m always going to keep growing, and keep going.”
And at the end of the day, he’s confident about himself as a rapper and performer — no matter what is being said about him.
“The same guy that you might have some bad s*** to say about is going to be the same guy that’s going to f*** everybody up on every record that he gets on, and he’s going to outperform everybody on every stage that he performs on,” he said. “And he’s going to wear whatever the f*** he wants, and he’s going to say what the f*** he wants, and he’s going to do what he wants because that’s the same guy that everybody has known to love.”
Nevertheless, the critics had fun posting about his wardrobe choices. Just check out the photo below.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here