*The last time we saw Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas in a reality series was four years ago, when she was searching far and wide for Mr. Right in VH1’s “What Chilli Wants.”
The 43-year-old TLC singer and single mom is still in the hunt and says she’s remains confident in her decision to wait patiently for a man who meets every requirement on her lengthy checklist.
“I know what I’ve gone through, and how I’ve compromised in the past too much, and I didn’t get anything out of it,” she says. “It didn’t get me anywhere but heartbreak.”
Chilli, who will appear as a judge in the truTV competition series “Fake Off” this fall, thinks its ridiculous to lower your standards just to have a man. She meant it in 2011 when her love life was on national television, and she means it now as she privately samples the dating pool.
“I’m not a media whore, so every guy I date, or in relationships, I’m not setting up press conferences to talk about it and give details,” she said. “But I have normal relationships and go on dates and stuff, and I’m telling you, it’s just not what I’m looking for. And I’m not into wasting my time or anybody else’s time, so it’s like, if we see it’s not gonna work out, move on.”
Below, Chilli talks about the misconception that celebrities can easily find love, how hard it was putting her dating life on reality television, and what men say to her about that checklist.
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here