*Anyone with plans to see Drake perform live this Fourth of July weekend will have to wait for another time to catch the Young Money rap star.
Contactmusic.com reports that Drake has cancelled his appearance at the Wireless Festival in the UK at the last minute due to illness. The rapper, who announced he was not well enough to perform, was scheduled to perform at two festival venues July 4 – 6.
The Wireless Festival website officially announced news of Drake’s cancellation on Thursday. To keep the show going, festival organizer Live Nation is attempting to extend the sets of confirmed acts.
Fans attending the festival’s stop at Perry Park in Birmingham, England today, Friday, will be presented with a “Wireless Credit” when they arrive. The vouchers will be redeemable for food, souvenirs and fair rides, according to Contactmusic, which noted how Live Nation will also offer refunds that will only be available before the event instead of the festival itself.
The Birmingham show will be headlined by Rudimental, who will perform an extended set featuring some “very special guests” that will be announced shortly.
At Finsbury Park in London, Drake will be replaced by Kanye West, who is set to perform in London today. The G.O.O.D. music lyricist will fill in for Drake as the headliner on Saturday.
Not content on missing shows, Drake expressed his disappointment via a statement released on the Wireless Festival website.
“it truly breaks my heart that I won’t be able to perform as planned at Wireless and Roskilde this weekend.,” Drake stated while explaining that despite him beginning to feel better, he had been unwell for a few days and his doctors ordered him to continue resting.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here