*TMZ reports of a civil war at ESPN between “SportsNation” host Michelle Beadle and “First Take” host Stephen A. Smith for his comments about domestic abuse.
It began Friday morning when Smith, in the context of the NFL’s suspension of Ray Rice, brought up the idea that there are things women can do to keep themselves from becoming victims of domestic violence.
Beadle, who revealed she was once in an abusive relationship, said she “would never feel clean again” after taking in Smith’s comments. She tweeted: “I’m thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend…I’d hate to think what I’d be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke”
She added, “Violence isn’t the victim’s issue. It’s the abuser’s. To insinuate otherwise is irresponsible and disgusting. Walk. Away.”
For his part, Smith did apologize to Beadle and said he “could’ve been more articulate on the matter.”
But he seemed to make the situation worse when he went on to say, “… What about addressing women on how they can help prevent the obvious wrong being done upon them? … I was simply saying that preventive measures always need to be addressed because there’s only but so much that can be done after the fact….once the damage is already done.”
Listen to Smith’s initial comments below:
(If you can’t see the above video on your mobile device, click HERE.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Beyonce, Jay Z Renting $45 Million Mansion, Suing Clothing Retailer
- EUR Goes Behind the Scenes of 'Law & Order: SVU' (Watch)
- Stephon Marbury Blasts MJ for ‘Kids Getting Killed’ Over Air Jordans
- Toddler Chokes to Death After Mother Dies While Feeding Him (Video)
- Damon Dash & Curren$y End $3M Legal Battle with Settlement
- Michael Moore on Hollywood’s Lack of Diversity: ‘A Form of Apartheid’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here