*TMZ reports of a civil war at ESPN between “SportsNation” host Michelle Beadle and “First Take” host Stephen A. Smith for his comments about domestic abuse.
It began Friday morning when Smith, in the context of the NFL’s suspension of Ray Rice, brought up the idea that there are things women can do to keep themselves from becoming victims of domestic violence.
Beadle, who revealed she was once in an abusive relationship, said she “would never feel clean again” after taking in Smith’s comments. She tweeted: “I’m thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend…I’d hate to think what I’d be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke”
She added, “Violence isn’t the victim’s issue. It’s the abuser’s. To insinuate otherwise is irresponsible and disgusting. Walk. Away.”
For his part, Smith did apologize to Beadle and said he “could’ve been more articulate on the matter.”
But he seemed to make the situation worse when he went on to say, “… What about addressing women on how they can help prevent the obvious wrong being done upon them? … I was simply saying that preventive measures always need to be addressed because there’s only but so much that can be done after the fact….once the damage is already done.”
Listen to Smith’s initial comments below:
(If you can’t see the above video on your mobile device, click HERE.)
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here