*TMZ reports of a civil war at ESPN between “SportsNation” host Michelle Beadle and “First Take” host Stephen A. Smith for his comments about domestic abuse.
It began Friday morning when Smith, in the context of the NFL’s suspension of Ray Rice, brought up the idea that there are things women can do to keep themselves from becoming victims of domestic violence.
Beadle, who revealed she was once in an abusive relationship, said she “would never feel clean again” after taking in Smith’s comments. She tweeted: “I’m thinking about wearing a miniskirt this weekend…I’d hate to think what I’d be asking for by doing so @stephenasmith. #dontprovoke”
She added, “Violence isn’t the victim’s issue. It’s the abuser’s. To insinuate otherwise is irresponsible and disgusting. Walk. Away.”
For his part, Smith did apologize to Beadle and said he “could’ve been more articulate on the matter.”
But he seemed to make the situation worse when he went on to say, “… What about addressing women on how they can help prevent the obvious wrong being done upon them? … I was simply saying that preventive measures always need to be addressed because there’s only but so much that can be done after the fact….once the damage is already done.”
Listen to Smith’s initial comments below:
(If you can’t see the above video on your mobile device, click HERE.)
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here