*(ATLANTA) – The African American Film Critics Association/AAFCA will honor filmmaker Roger Bobb with the organization’s 3rd Annual SYNERGY Award for his pioneering efforts to advance the cinema community in Atlanta.
Previous recipients of this award include Tirrell Whitley and Nick Nelson, Principal Partners at Liquid Soul Media (2012) and Charles Humbard, CEO of UPTV (2013). The award will be formally presented during a reception on Tuesday, July 22nd at the law firm of Gordon Reese in Buckhead.
AAFCA is the premiere African American film critics association in the United States, with a membership that is comprised of some of the nation’s leading film journalists. The organization produces the AAFCA Awards in Hollywood, which celebrates the very best in cinema each year. SYNERGY is a signature event that was created to recognize members of Atlanta’s growing creative community.
“We are thrilled to present our 3rd annual event in the Atlanta market,” says AAFCA’s founder and President Gil Robertson. “Atlanta is growing into a power center in the world of TV and film production and this event provides our group with an opportunity to recognize individuals who have contributed to the growth of this industry. The AAFCA SYNERGY program also provides an intimate atmosphere where local professionals in the cinema community can meet, mix and mingle with their peers in the industry. ”
For more information about the organization visit: www.aafca.com.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here