*(ATLANTA) – The African American Film Critics Association/AAFCA will honor filmmaker Roger Bobb with the organization’s 3rd Annual SYNERGY Award for his pioneering efforts to advance the cinema community in Atlanta.
Previous recipients of this award include Tirrell Whitley and Nick Nelson, Principal Partners at Liquid Soul Media (2012) and Charles Humbard, CEO of UPTV (2013). The award will be formally presented during a reception on Tuesday, July 22nd at the law firm of Gordon Reese in Buckhead.
AAFCA is the premiere African American film critics association in the United States, with a membership that is comprised of some of the nation’s leading film journalists. The organization produces the AAFCA Awards in Hollywood, which celebrates the very best in cinema each year. SYNERGY is a signature event that was created to recognize members of Atlanta’s growing creative community.
“We are thrilled to present our 3rd annual event in the Atlanta market,” says AAFCA’s founder and President Gil Robertson. “Atlanta is growing into a power center in the world of TV and film production and this event provides our group with an opportunity to recognize individuals who have contributed to the growth of this industry. The AAFCA SYNERGY program also provides an intimate atmosphere where local professionals in the cinema community can meet, mix and mingle with their peers in the industry. ”
For more information about the organization visit: www.aafca.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here