Public Enemy hype man, Flavor Flav, finds himself at the mercy of a New York grand jury which will decide soon whether to indict him on charges of speeding to his mother’s funeral.
The rapper and reality-TV star, whose real name is William Drayton, was arrested Jan. 9 on Long Island’s Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say Flav was speeding and driving without a license, which is a felony in New York state. He also was charged with marijuana possession as a violation. He has pleaded not guilty.
His attorney, Indji Bessim, has sought for several months to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors. She declined to comment Friday.
A spokesman for the district attorney declined to comment on plea negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here