Public Enemy hype man, Flavor Flav, finds himself at the mercy of a New York grand jury which will decide soon whether to indict him on charges of speeding to his mother’s funeral.
The rapper and reality-TV star, whose real name is William Drayton, was arrested Jan. 9 on Long Island’s Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say Flav was speeding and driving without a license, which is a felony in New York state. He also was charged with marijuana possession as a violation. He has pleaded not guilty.
His attorney, Indji Bessim, has sought for several months to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors. She declined to comment Friday.
A spokesman for the district attorney declined to comment on plea negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here