Public Enemy hype man, Flavor Flav, finds himself at the mercy of a New York grand jury which will decide soon whether to indict him on charges of speeding to his mother’s funeral.
The rapper and reality-TV star, whose real name is William Drayton, was arrested Jan. 9 on Long Island’s Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say Flav was speeding and driving without a license, which is a felony in New York state. He also was charged with marijuana possession as a violation. He has pleaded not guilty.
His attorney, Indji Bessim, has sought for several months to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors. She declined to comment Friday.
A spokesman for the district attorney declined to comment on plea negotiations.
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here