Public Enemy hype man, Flavor Flav, finds himself at the mercy of a New York grand jury which will decide soon whether to indict him on charges of speeding to his mother’s funeral.
The rapper and reality-TV star, whose real name is William Drayton, was arrested Jan. 9 on Long Island’s Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say Flav was speeding and driving without a license, which is a felony in New York state. He also was charged with marijuana possession as a violation. He has pleaded not guilty.
His attorney, Indji Bessim, has sought for several months to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors. She declined to comment Friday.
A spokesman for the district attorney declined to comment on plea negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here