Public Enemy hype man, Flavor Flav, finds himself at the mercy of a New York grand jury which will decide soon whether to indict him on charges of speeding to his mother’s funeral.
The rapper and reality-TV star, whose real name is William Drayton, was arrested Jan. 9 on Long Island’s Meadowbrook Parkway.
Police say Flav was speeding and driving without a license, which is a felony in New York state. He also was charged with marijuana possession as a violation. He has pleaded not guilty.
His attorney, Indji Bessim, has sought for several months to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors. She declined to comment Friday.
A spokesman for the district attorney declined to comment on plea negotiations.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here