*A host on Fox News came up with a new name for a particular voting block that he claims Hillary Clinton needs to become the next president.
Clinton had recently spoken out against the Supreme Court’s “Hobby Lobby” ruling, which allows some family-owned or other closely held businesses to opt out of a federal requirement to pay for contraceptives in health coverage for their workers on religious grounds.
It is “deeply disturbing that we are going in that direction,” she commented at the recent Aspen Ideas Festival.
On Tuesday, Fox News host Jesse Watters said Clinton’s words are politically motivated.
After playing the clip of Clinton’s comments, Watters said that Clinton needs to latch on to issues like this in order to win the White House in 2016. “She needs the single ladies vote, I call them the Beyoncé vote because of [her song] ‘Single Ladies,’” he said. “Obama won single ladies by 76% last time and they made up a quarter of the electorate.”
“They depend on government because they’re not depending on their husbands,” he added. “They need contraception, health care and they love to talk about equal pay.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- PA Judge Rules Bill Cosby Trial Can Proceed on All Charges
- Prince Fans Confused After Minnesota Declares ‘Beyonce Day’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here