*A host on Fox News came up with a new name for a particular voting block that he claims Hillary Clinton needs to become the next president.
Clinton had recently spoken out against the Supreme Court’s “Hobby Lobby” ruling, which allows some family-owned or other closely held businesses to opt out of a federal requirement to pay for contraceptives in health coverage for their workers on religious grounds.
It is “deeply disturbing that we are going in that direction,” she commented at the recent Aspen Ideas Festival.
On Tuesday, Fox News host Jesse Watters said Clinton’s words are politically motivated.
After playing the clip of Clinton’s comments, Watters said that Clinton needs to latch on to issues like this in order to win the White House in 2016. “She needs the single ladies vote, I call them the Beyoncé vote because of [her song] ‘Single Ladies,’” he said. “Obama won single ladies by 76% last time and they made up a quarter of the electorate.”
“They depend on government because they’re not depending on their husbands,” he added. “They need contraception, health care and they love to talk about equal pay.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here