*Think George Zimmerman’s time patrolling areas at night is a thing of the past? Think again.
A DeLand, Florida police report mentioned that the former neighborhood watchman was back on the job when police found him sitting in his dark colored truck outside of Pompano Pat’s just after midnight on Sunday. Zimmerman is no stranger to Pompano Pat’s in that the store, which sells firearms and motorcycles, offered him a free gun after he was acquitted of Trayvon Martin’s murder last year.
According to the report, authorities said Zimmerman was “very cooperative” as he explained to the responding officer that he had the permission of Pompano Pat’s owner Pat Johnson to be on the property and was patrolling the area since there had been a recent burglary.
Zimmerman provided officers with a phone number for Johnson, whom they were unable to contact. The report goes on to state that Zimmerman told officers that Johnson had asked him to leave his dog inside the business. However, Zimmerman had other ideas as he decided he and his dog would wait in the parking lot.
Zimmerman told officers that “he was going to be around the business at night for an indeterminate amount of time,” the report stated.
Chatting with ABC News, Sam Porter, an employee of Pompano Pat’s, revealed that Zimmerman is not an employee of the gun shop and is not being paid to patrol the business.”
“George is a really nice guy and really tries to help folks out,” Porter said. “I felt he was trying to do something nice.”
To see ABC News’ report on George Zimmerman, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here