*Think George Zimmerman’s time patrolling areas at night is a thing of the past? Think again.
A DeLand, Florida police report mentioned that the former neighborhood watchman was back on the job when police found him sitting in his dark colored truck outside of Pompano Pat’s just after midnight on Sunday. Zimmerman is no stranger to Pompano Pat’s in that the store, which sells firearms and motorcycles, offered him a free gun after he was acquitted of Trayvon Martin’s murder last year.
According to the report, authorities said Zimmerman was “very cooperative” as he explained to the responding officer that he had the permission of Pompano Pat’s owner Pat Johnson to be on the property and was patrolling the area since there had been a recent burglary.
Zimmerman provided officers with a phone number for Johnson, whom they were unable to contact. The report goes on to state that Zimmerman told officers that Johnson had asked him to leave his dog inside the business. However, Zimmerman had other ideas as he decided he and his dog would wait in the parking lot.
Zimmerman told officers that “he was going to be around the business at night for an indeterminate amount of time,” the report stated.
Chatting with ABC News, Sam Porter, an employee of Pompano Pat’s, revealed that Zimmerman is not an employee of the gun shop and is not being paid to patrol the business.”
“George is a really nice guy and really tries to help folks out,” Porter said. “I felt he was trying to do something nice.”
To see ABC News’ report on George Zimmerman, check out the video below:
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here