*Why are we, and most likely you, so not surprised to hear that Miss Bobbi Kristina has backtracked on calling Angela Bassett a bitch.
As we reported last week, the late Whitney Houston’s daughter, who seems to feel she’s downright entitled to play her mother in the a new production from Lifetime being directed by Bassett, and blasted the actress/director for not casting her (Bobbi K) because she has no acting experience.
On top of Bobbi Kristina giving Bassett and the network grief about the biopic about the life of the 48-year-old superstar singer/actress, who died in 2012 from a drug overdose, the Houston family is adding to the drama as well. Some seem to feel the Lifetime production isn’t the right vehicle to tell Whitney Houston’s story.
“Whitney is certainly worthy of more than a television movie and if she were here today this would not be happening,” said the late-singer’s sister-in-law, Pat Houston.
And even though Bobbi Kristina dissed the film, too, she more or less demanded the leading role.
“I don’t know how to feel, this so-called ‘film’ isn’t in my positive thoughts. That’s MY mother, what makes YOU think that’s ok with me? If Anyone would or should EVER play my mother & tell OUR story, we’ve talked MANY times & one & ONLY person she approved of is ME. Understand that.”
She also added, via Twitter:
“TRULY understand people want 2 love & honor #HERSTORY the way they think should be told – But simply out of respect, All I ask isn’t mucho lol.”
But the bottom line is that Bobbi K was NOT cast to play her mother and that’s when she went left with the now infamous Tweet, basically calling Bassett a male of all things and yes, the b-word.
“Ha MsAng “bassketcase” has such a damn nerve. My lord, at least the world doesn’t mistake me for the wrong sex..[sunglasses emjoi] she has #XtraEequipment,” Bobbi Kristina tweeted. “When I win my first Grammy or Oscar, *Shrugs* hmm whichever comes1st, I’ll be sure 2shout URname out b-tch ! hahUrTestResults= MALE. Lmao [crying laughing emoji]”
Now it seems she’s come to her senses and has issued an apology to the award-winning actress.
“I’m a young woman who can admit her wrongs. 4 who was offended I apologize BUT understand me before your quick to judge though; Your Choices & Decisions are the ONLY things you have to YOURSELF in life & You won’t know how important those things are until they’re taken.”
Well, so far, Bassett hasn’t responded to Bobbi Kristina’s apology and now that we think about it, she never even acknowledged the original diss. She handling the situation like a pro and putting her focus of finishing the production. She did, however, say how much she regarded the amazing talents and accomplishments of both Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown.
“Their humanity and bond has fascinated us all. I am beyond excited to have this opportunity to go behind the camera and into their world.”
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here