*George Zimmerman got caught in a lie.
The manager of a Florida business where he was questioned by police says Zimmerman was never hired to provide security, despite his claims to authorities.
As previously reported, two DeLand police officers approached Zimmerman after spotting him and his dog parked behind Pompano Pat’s, a motorcycle and gun store, early Sunday and.
According to a police report, Zimmerman told officers the owner gave him permission to be there to provide security after a recent burglary. The report says officers couldn’t reach the owner. No citations were issued.
Pompano Pat’s manager Sam Porter told The Associated Press in a phone call Tuesday that Zimmerman “in no way, shape or form” is employed by the store. Owner Pat Johnson didn’t immediately return a phone message.
Zimmerman was acquitted last summer in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here