Despite all the talk about him playing the famous agent, Elba dismissed any thought of him having a license to kill.
“It’s a rumor that’s gotten out of control, basically — but that’s all it is,” Elba said on ITV’s “Lorraine.” “There’s no truth in it whatsoever.”
Still keeping hope alive? Although he seemed surprised to even be considered for such a role, Elba maintained that it would take a united effort to get him on board with portraying Bond on the big screen.
“Really? James Bond? I didn’t know that was still sort of in the mix,” Elba told HuffPost Entertainment last November. “I say it all the time, but if it was to ever happen and if I was ever to get offered that role, that would be the will of a nation. That would be like, ‘Wow, human beings are really powerful. They really made that happen, because [producer Barbara Broccoli] certainly didn’t.” … It would be the will of a nation because everyone has been saying that to me.”
Even if he took the role, one thing Elba would not want to be labeled as would the “black Bond.” In his eyes, race shouldn’t be brought up in regard to Bond.
“We don’t say ‘white Bond,’ we just say ‘Bond.’ So it suddenly becomes a black man and he’s a ‘black Bond.’ So I hate that phrase,” Elba said during his appearance on “Lorraine.”
As it stands now, Daniel Craig is expected to reprise his role as Bond in the 24th movie in the series. The next Bond movie, which will feature the return of director Sam Mendes and writer John Logan, is slated to arrive in theaters on Nov. 6, 2015.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here