Inglewood, Calif. – Inglewood’s Mayor James Butts took to the airwaves in Southern California to discuss the possibility of an NFL team coming to his city as well as a speculated new NFL stadium. Mayor Butts appeared on Stevie Wonder owned KJLH-FM on the Front Page show with host Dominique DiPrima.
Mayor Butts discussed St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s recent purchase of 60 acres of land near the Forum in Inglewood opening the possibility of the Rams returning to the region they called home from 1946 to 1994. In addition, the Mayor discussed Inglewood’s lower crime stat, the city’s emergence from the brink of bankruptcy, and Inglewood’s new business-friendly attitude that’s attracting a wide range of businesses from small to large.
In 2011, James T. Butts, Jr. was elected as the 12th mayor in the history of the City of Inglewood.
Mayor Butts has a combined 39 years in public safety, municipal government and education. He holds a Bachelor of Science from California State University at Los Angeles and a Masters Degree in Business Administration from California Polytechnic University at Pomona.
Prior to being elected Mayor, Mr. Butts served the residents of Inglewood for nearly two decades as an Inglewood Police Officer, ultimately rising to the rank of Deputy Chief of Police. He then worked as Chief of Police in the City of Santa Monica.Mayor Butts retired as one of the longest serving police chiefs in the County of Los Angeles from the Los Angeles World Airports system where he was responsible for Public Safety and Counter-Terrorism.
According to the Los Angeles Sentinel, Mayor Butts was the “driving force” behind a renovation of Inglewood’s sports stadium, The Forum. He is credited with “cutting through bureaucratic red tape” to move the renovation project forward.
Hosted by Dominique DiPrima, since 1992 the Front Page has been Los Angeles’ number one rated daily talk radio show focused on current affairs, news, and politics from an African-American point of view. The show can be heard on-air in Los Angeles and in surrounding counties between 4:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. on 102.3 FM and online at www.kjlhradio.com. Owned by Stevie Wonder’s Taxi Productions, KJLH-FM is the leading broadcast radio station for African-Americans and urban consumers in Southern California.
- D.L. Hughley: If Trump Says 'N*gger’ He'll be Elected Tomorrow (WATCH)
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Cousin Admits Being Barred From Burial
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here