*John Legend has a bunch of women in his new music video – but not in the way you might think.
He’s supporting a new female empowerment campaign in the video for his latest single “You and I (Nobody In the World).” The footage captures a diverse group of women staring into the camera through a one-way mirror.
Among those looking at their own reflection are celebrities including Legend’s model wife Chrissy Teigen, transgender “Orange is the New Black” star Laverne Cox, and comedienne/cancer survivor Tig Notaro.
Also taking part in the emotional video is a topless pregnant woman cradling her baby bump, a young girl with Down’s Syndrome, and an older woman who breaks down in tears as she shows the disfiguration left by a mastectomy.
The music video was made in conjunction with a campaign called #OperationGirl, which is being led by organizations focusing on empowering, educating and protecting the rights of women and girls.
A companion documentary called “When I Look In The Mirror” will also be released and features the women from Legend’s video telling their own personal stories of heartbreak and triumph.
“We live in a world where egregious injustices occur regularly against girls and women,” Legend says in a statement. “We have a responsibility to take action and disrupt the conditions that allow for such tragedies to occur.
“Through #OperationGirl we hope to amplify the voices and impact of the many organizations doing great work on behalf of girls and women.”
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here