*One day after being accused of brandishing a gun at a West Hollywood comedy club, Katt Williams is giving his side of the story. And it doesn’t involve a weapon of any kind.
Speaking with TMZ.com, Williams made it known that he wasn’t the one doing the assaulting. The misunderstood funnyman said he was the victim in the whole thing, which he said involved being verbally attacked and threatened by four gangbangers who repeatedly called him “Cuz.” Cuz is Crip slang that refers to the gang’s archrival, the Bloods.
Regarding his ordeal, the entertainer mentioned that things took a physical turn when four guys followed him to his car and started assaulting him. Despite being outnumbered and on the receiving end of a beatdown, Williams maintains he never pulled a gun on anyone. In fact, the comedian says he never even had a gun and labeled the 911 call reporting he was brandishing a weapon, absurd.
Speaking of the call, Williams gave his theory on who the person is that contacted the authorities. According to him, it was the gang members themselves who tipped the authorities off.
Williams’ denial comes amid talk of the comedian pulling a gun on someone around 2 a.m. Wednesday during a performance on the Sunset Strip. TMZ reports that the victim baited the joke teller with comments about his height and race.
“We’re not sure if it was a heckler,” Sgt. Valentine told the site Wednesday, while confirming that deputies took the call seriously and raced to the scene, some with weapons drawn.
“If we get a call of a man with a gun, we’re sending everyone we have,” Valentine said.
(If you can’t see the above video on your mobile device, click here.)
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here