*Rihanna Navy has a bone to pick with Keke Palmer for her decision to interview Chris Brown’s current girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, on her BET talk show, “Just Keke.”
Brown’s relationship with Tran comes on the heels of his very public relationship with RiRi, which continued off-and-on even after he was found guilty of beating her. Rihanna’s fierce fan base is known for its hostility towards Brown, which has extended to his current girlfriend. Fans were predictably unhappy that Tran was being offered a forum to speak.
“[There was] lots of drama about me having her on,” Palmer told HuffPost Live’s Nancy Redd in an interview on Wednesday, July 16. “Because people know I’m a huge Rihanna fan and so their initial thing is, ‘Why would you have Karrueche on if you’re a huge Rihanna fan?’ And the thing is, it’s not about me … it’s about me keeping a promise to you guys, which is to always give you the real … this was news to my generation and I wanted to make sure I gave it to them.”
Palmer — who’s a friend of Rihanna — says she doesn’t regret her choice to have Tran as a guest.
“I want to give my generation everything they’re asking for,” she said. “I feel like this was a specific thing that a lot of people were curious about. They were curious to hear what Karrueche had to say.”
“You kinda know how Rihanna feels ’cause she kinda tweets here and there,” Palmer continued. “You kinda know how Chris Brown feels, ’cause he’ll just tell you — he’ll put a video to it! — But Karrueche has never spoken out, and so I was really glad she trusted us at ‘Just Keke’ to kinda give us the word on how she feels.”
Coincidentally, Rihanna is the guest whom Palmer said she’d most like to have on her show. And no, she doesn’t think her interview with Tran, which aired July 16, will hurt chances of scoring a sit-down session with the pop star.
“Rihanna’s not a petty person like that,” she explained. “This [love triangle] has nothing to do with me, so I can’t imagine she would feel a way about [the interview] — that’s just not her character.”
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here