And get this, Bryant is very enthusiastic about helping Martin’s family. In fact, he called it a responsibility.
As a celebrity, Bryant feels as though he can help tell Martin and his family’s story.
And he attempted to do just that when he spoke at the rally where more than 200 people gathered.
“Players such as myself and others that have kind of a platform, our responsibility is more than just putting a ball in the basket … but helping [Trayvon’s parents] have a platform.”
Bryant said all the things basketball stars find important in a vacuum — including the injuries, retirement and playing time — didn’t compare to what Martin’s family has gone through.
“When you step out of that, you look at [Trayvon’s parents] … what they had to go through as a family and what they’ve come out of … that’s true adversity,” he said.
Watch Bryant speak at a Trayvon Martin event:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here