And get this, Bryant is very enthusiastic about helping Martin’s family. In fact, he called it a responsibility.
As a celebrity, Bryant feels as though he can help tell Martin and his family’s story.
And he attempted to do just that when he spoke at the rally where more than 200 people gathered.
“Players such as myself and others that have kind of a platform, our responsibility is more than just putting a ball in the basket … but helping [Trayvon’s parents] have a platform.”
Bryant said all the things basketball stars find important in a vacuum — including the injuries, retirement and playing time — didn’t compare to what Martin’s family has gone through.
“When you step out of that, you look at [Trayvon’s parents] … what they had to go through as a family and what they’ve come out of … that’s true adversity,” he said.
Watch Bryant speak at a Trayvon Martin event:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here