As we all know, being incarcerated affects more than the person doing time, it affects entire families, and sometimes, entire communities.
But the bottom line is: it’s the kids who always suffer the most.
So when Angela Patton, Founder and Director of CAMP DIVA, spoke to a group of girls about their relationships with their fathers, it was clear that the topic struck a chord. Many of the girls needed a way to connect with fathers who were no longer in the picture for a myriad of reasons that included deceased dads, divorced dads, and incarcerated dads.
So, these young, bright minds, came up with a solution to invite daddy into their lives and the result was a real tearjerker.
Tissue please… Continue reading at EURThisNThat
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here