As we all know, being incarcerated affects more than the person doing time, it affects entire families, and sometimes, entire communities.
But the bottom line is: it’s the kids who always suffer the most.
So when Angela Patton, Founder and Director of CAMP DIVA, spoke to a group of girls about their relationships with their fathers, it was clear that the topic struck a chord. Many of the girls needed a way to connect with fathers who were no longer in the picture for a myriad of reasons that included deceased dads, divorced dads, and incarcerated dads.
So, these young, bright minds, came up with a solution to invite daddy into their lives and the result was a real tearjerker.
Tissue please… Continue reading at EURThisNThat
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here