*While many of us grilled out and celebrated our country’s freedom on July 4 with fireworks, Malia Obama entered a new phase of her life as the holiday marked her 16th birthday.
And with that, the Daily Mail reports that the first daughter received a new car. Specifics on the vehicle’s make, model and color were not immediately disclosed.
Despite having her own car, it will be a minute before Malia can officially drive on her own. In Washington, D.C., a 16-year-old can receive a learner’s permit, but an adult must be present in the front seat at all times when the young driver is behind wheel. In addition, the Mail mentions that Malia can only be on the road during certain hours.
Giving DC residents a heads up, First Lady Michelle Obama joked in February about how scary Malia may be as a driver.
“Ladies and gentlemen in D.C., watch out!” Mrs. Obama joked. “Malia Obama on the road—kinda frightening.”
Although no details were revealed about how Malia spent her birthday, E! Online noted that she kicked off her celebration earlier last week with a trip to Disneyland with a friend.
For more about Malia Obama’s birthday celebration and her new car, click here. Meanwhile, check out Pres. Obama talking about his daughters growing up with Steve Harvey:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here