*While many of us grilled out and celebrated our country’s freedom on July 4 with fireworks, Malia Obama entered a new phase of her life as the holiday marked her 16th birthday.
And with that, the Daily Mail reports that the first daughter received a new car. Specifics on the vehicle’s make, model and color were not immediately disclosed.
Despite having her own car, it will be a minute before Malia can officially drive on her own. In Washington, D.C., a 16-year-old can receive a learner’s permit, but an adult must be present in the front seat at all times when the young driver is behind wheel. In addition, the Mail mentions that Malia can only be on the road during certain hours.
Giving DC residents a heads up, First Lady Michelle Obama joked in February about how scary Malia may be as a driver.
“Ladies and gentlemen in D.C., watch out!” Mrs. Obama joked. “Malia Obama on the road—kinda frightening.”
Although no details were revealed about how Malia spent her birthday, E! Online noted that she kicked off her celebration earlier last week with a trip to Disneyland with a friend.
For more about Malia Obama’s birthday celebration and her new car, click here. Meanwhile, check out Pres. Obama talking about his daughters growing up with Steve Harvey:
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here