*While many of us grilled out and celebrated our country’s freedom on July 4 with fireworks, Malia Obama entered a new phase of her life as the holiday marked her 16th birthday.
And with that, the Daily Mail reports that the first daughter received a new car. Specifics on the vehicle’s make, model and color were not immediately disclosed.
Despite having her own car, it will be a minute before Malia can officially drive on her own. In Washington, D.C., a 16-year-old can receive a learner’s permit, but an adult must be present in the front seat at all times when the young driver is behind wheel. In addition, the Mail mentions that Malia can only be on the road during certain hours.
Giving DC residents a heads up, First Lady Michelle Obama joked in February about how scary Malia may be as a driver.
“Ladies and gentlemen in D.C., watch out!” Mrs. Obama joked. “Malia Obama on the road—kinda frightening.”
Although no details were revealed about how Malia spent her birthday, E! Online noted that she kicked off her celebration earlier last week with a trip to Disneyland with a friend.
For more about Malia Obama’s birthday celebration and her new car, click here. Meanwhile, check out Pres. Obama talking about his daughters growing up with Steve Harvey:
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here