*A note to all photo agencies.
Malia Obama is off limits, no matter what. AKM-GSI agency learned this rule first hand.
A photographer for the agency took a picture of Malia as she left Gjelina restaurant in Venice, CA. The first daughter was at the restaurant with some friends, TMZ reports. After taking the picture, the photographer took it to AKM-GSI to sell. Several hours after posting the photo on its website for interested media outlets to purchase, the report says the agency received a call from First Lady Michelle Obama’s office, asking them to take the pictures of Malia off the website and delete them from their files.
To further emphasize their point, Mrs. Obama’s people told AKM-GSI they had promises from various media outlets not to take pictures of Malia and her sister Sasha when they’re not in the presence of their father, President Barack Obama.
Upon agreeing with the First Lady, the agency sent an e-mail to the outlets with the subject, “URGENT SET KILL NOTICE.”
“Please delete the set of Malia Obama from your archive. The set was sent around earlier today. We cannot distribute this set,” the message read.
The moral of the story? Don’t take pictures of the president’s daughter unless you’re looking for someone to contact you personally with an executive offer you can’t refuse.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Files $75M Lawsuit Against Law Firm for Poor Representation
- Valentino’s African-Inspired Runway Show Has No African Models; Twitter Gives Side-Eye
- Man Fired After Online Racist Jokes Erupt from Selfie (with 'Slave')
- Judge Won’t Dismiss Molestation Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby; Yale Won't Rescind his Honorary Degree
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus on her Cultural Appropriation Insensitivity: 'You Have Some Big Balls'
- Victor Cruz’s Fiancée Sends Group Text to All of His Mistresses: Report
- Ben Carson Judges Ore. Shooting Victims: ‘I Wouldn’t Just Stand There and Let Him Shoot Me’
- After 3 Years, Stevie Wonder’s Divorce from Kai Millard Finalized
- Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter: Mom Left ‘The View’ Over Rift with Whoopi
- 'Black-ish' Ep. 3, 'Dr. Hell No' Highlights Healthcare Fear Among Black Men
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here