*Radar Online is claiming that tension is thick among the co-anchors of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” who are said to be having “issues” connecting with the newest hire, Michael Strahan.
“The decision to add Michael Strahan to the cast after Josh Elliot left just didn’t seem like a very good one from the beginning,” an insider tells Radar. “Michael has made it clear that ‘Live With Kelly and Michael’ is his first priority.”
“His schedule dictates that he can only be on GMA for essentially the first hour,” the source said. “Of course there are issues with Michael bonding with the cast.”
“Particularly, Lara Spencer views Michael as a threat,” according to the source. “She always does her excessive flirting with all of the men on the set, but Michael doesn’t seem to be warming up to her at all. The cast is deeply divided after Josh and Sam Champion left. The only glue holding it together is Robin Roberts.”
Just last week, the Disney-owned network announced that Diane Sawyer would be leaving “World News Tonight,” and David Muir would be replacing her, with many wondering if she was forced out.
“It can’t be coincidental that Diane’s ‘retirement’ came so soon after Barbara [Walters]’s,” an insider said. “Now, there’s buzz at the network that Diane was forced out. In addition, the recent high profile departures of veteran journalist Cynthia McFadden to NBC, and Katie Couric to Yahoo, leave the network slim in the high profile female anchors department.”
The network was also forced to suspend Jeffrey Schneider, Senior Vice President Of Communications for ABC, after getting into a verbal confrontation with a staffer.
“Jeffrey Schneider was indeed suspended after a verbal altercation with a staffer. It was a very bad situation,” a network source told RadarOnline.com, while declining to provide further details.
Now, there is “a ton of pressure on GMA to maintain the number one spot in the morning ratings race, and everyone is feeling it.”
“Amy Robach continues to isolate herself from the cast as well,” the source said. “Everything might look like they are one big happy family on television, but that is farthest thing from the truth.”
But an ABC spokesperson insisted, “The whole team including Lara could not be happier to have Michael here. Anyone who watches our #1 morning show can see the great chemistry between all the anchors. We love having Michael on the show.”
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here