NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski tells Fox Sports 1 that the team has completed a deal with the Brooklyn Nets to acquire Kidd. In exchange, multiple reports state the Bucks will send a 2015 and 2019 second round-pick to Brooklyn in exchange for the former NBA all-star.
Kidd’s transition to the Bucks officially ends his coaching stint with the Nets. In his only season as Brooklyn’s head coach, Kidd went 44-38 as he led the Nets to the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. The team , which beat Toronto in the first round of the playoffs, started strong before its season came to end with a defeat from Miami in the conference semifinals.
Behind the scenes, Kidd was reportedly trying to make power moves with the Nets as he attempted to gain control of operations for the team. Kidd’s relationship with Nets ownership suffered as a result.
News of Kidd heading to Milwaukee officially puts a cap on Drew’s time with the Bucks. The 56-year-old former NBA guard was hired by the team on May 31, 2013, after the Atlanta Hawks let his contract expire.
Although he went 15-67 in his first season as the team’s coach, Drew, who was well-respected by the majority of the Bucks players in the locker room, was expected to return to coach the team for the 2014-15 season. Three days prior to his ouster, the coach was sitting next to Jabari Parker at his introductory press conference. Parker was the No. 2 overall pick in this year’s NBA draft.
As it stands now, there are two guaranteed years remaining on Drew’s contract with a team option for the 2016-17 season.
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here