*(Via Vox) – The Pew Research Center’s massive new report on American political and social beliefs reveals some fascinating nuances in American public opinion, which they’ve divided into seven ideological groups. But one surprising area where views seem to converge is on the question of African-American advancement.
A wide majority of Americans say that, if black people are struggling to advance in society, then it is primarily their fault and not because of discrimination. That’s the majority view for some types of liberals but is far, far more common among conservatives. Over 80 percent of conservatives say they agree that “Blacks who can’t get ahead are mostly responsible for their own condition,” while just some seven percent say that “Racial discrimination is the main reason why many black people can’t get ahead these days.”
That’s based on Pew pollsters asking Americans which of those two statements they agree with more. Nationally, 63 percent say “blacks who can’t get ahead are mostly responsible for their own condition” versus 27 percent who say “racial discrimination is the main reason why many black people can’t get ahead these days.” That’s more than two-to-one.
Read/learn MORE at Vox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here