*Some would argue that it definitely pays to be a white man – even a deeply tanned one, at times like this.
It is exactly in these times that we see just how lopsided “the system” remains when it comes to equal justice for all.
By no stretch of the imagination, this may be the most perfect example of how, if the tables were turned and the guilty party was a black man, you could bet your next breath he would have gotten a prison sentence.
In this story, however, a former public works inspector for a small town in northern New Jersey actually admitted that over a two year period he actually stole $460,000 in quarters that had been collected from the city’s parking meters .
And the judge decided he doesn’t have to go to prison for it.
Instead, Superior Court Judge Patrick Roma has given him five years of probation.
Is your blood boiling yet?
Read more at EURThisNThat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here