*Some would argue that it definitely pays to be a white man – even a deeply tanned one, at times like this.
It is exactly in these times that we see just how lopsided “the system” remains when it comes to equal justice for all.
By no stretch of the imagination, this may be the most perfect example of how, if the tables were turned and the guilty party was a black man, you could bet your next breath he would have gotten a prison sentence.
In this story, however, a former public works inspector for a small town in northern New Jersey actually admitted that over a two year period he actually stole $460,000 in quarters that had been collected from the city’s parking meters .
And the judge decided he doesn’t have to go to prison for it.
Instead, Superior Court Judge Patrick Roma has given him five years of probation.
Is your blood boiling yet?
Read more at EURThisNThat.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here