*All R&B Divas don’t always have to sing.
Nicci Gilbert, a producer of the successful reality show “R&B Divas,” wants people to stop the “Sing Anna May” thing with former Destiny’s Child member LaTavia Roberson.
Roberson has been criticized fiercely by cast members and viewers for not singing on a show about … singers.
Our associate, LaCora Stephens, caught up with OGDs (original divas) Nicci Gilbert & Kelly Price at a pre-ESPY event at the Luxe Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Price spoke on the catalyst of the making of her new hit single, “It’s My Time.”
“There’s so much more that I want to do. I don’t intend to wait on anyone to do all I want…It’s My Time!”, exclaimed Kelly. She also mentioned that LaTavia probably was told she didn’t have to sing and it became an issue when the cameras started rolling.”
Nicci added, we can now stop asking the lady to sing and start asking more about what’s going on in her life.”
What say you in the matter? Check out the ladies in the video immediately below and join the conversation with your thoughts in the comment area further below .
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here