*The mayor of Philadelphia is apologizing for the profanity used by rapper Nicki Minaj and comedian Marlon Wayans during a family-friendly July Fourth concert.
Mayor Michael Nutter said Monday that cursing hasn’t been problem at the show in recent years. He says performers are supposed to adhere to network TV standards.
The free outdoor concert, which featured multiple acts, was aired live on WPVI-TV. The station censored the broadcast when foul language was used.
Nutter says The Roots and singer Ed Sheeran edited their songs to avoid profanity but were still bleeped, creating the appearance they cursed.
He says performers Jennifer Hudson and Aloe Blacc kept it clean, although Vicci Martinez used one inappropriate word.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here