*It appears as though Meek Mill, a member of the Maybach Music label, will be spending more time in jail than he expected. His request to get out of jail early was denied heading into the weekend.
The judge denied Mill an emergency hearing in which his team of attorneys was attempting to persuade the judge to reduce the prison sentence. Mill’s lawyers had filed a petition on Thursday July 17 in attempts to schedule a hearing within three days. The Philadelphia rapper has been in jail since July 11 for violating the terms of his probation concerning a drug and gun conviction from 2009.
Maybach Music founder Rick Ross released a statement in regards to Mill’s recent incarceration and legal problems:
“I created MMG years ago, my desire was to create a space where the most talented artists in the world could be nurtured and supported. With that came a commitment. I vowed to support these artist, through the good and the bad. Every individual signed to MMG is not just an artist, they are my family. And with family you ride, or you die. Yesterday, my brother, Meek Mill ran into some unfortunate legal issues. It happens. However, his team, our team, will continue to execute Meek’s plan as close to schedule as possible.”
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here