*It appears as though Meek Mill, a member of the Maybach Music label, will be spending more time in jail than he expected. His request to get out of jail early was denied heading into the weekend.
The judge denied Mill an emergency hearing in which his team of attorneys was attempting to persuade the judge to reduce the prison sentence. Mill’s lawyers had filed a petition on Thursday July 17 in attempts to schedule a hearing within three days. The Philadelphia rapper has been in jail since July 11 for violating the terms of his probation concerning a drug and gun conviction from 2009.
Maybach Music founder Rick Ross released a statement in regards to Mill’s recent incarceration and legal problems:
“I created MMG years ago, my desire was to create a space where the most talented artists in the world could be nurtured and supported. With that came a commitment. I vowed to support these artist, through the good and the bad. Every individual signed to MMG is not just an artist, they are my family. And with family you ride, or you die. Yesterday, my brother, Meek Mill ran into some unfortunate legal issues. It happens. However, his team, our team, will continue to execute Meek’s plan as close to schedule as possible.”
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here