*The death of Eric Garner last week still has emotions running high; and campaigns such as #JusticeForEricGarner have been mobilized to ensure those who caused his unnecessary death will be held accountable.
The 43-year-old father of six died on the watch of NYPD officers who jumped on top of him and placed him in a choke-hold as he screamed, “I can’t breathe,” beneath their collective weight.
The whole incident was caught on camera by his friend, Ramsey Orta, who talked with the media recently about what went on behind the video seen by the world.
With activists of every sort coming out to voice their frustrations over what many call a senseless killing and police brutality gone wild, the police themselves have now spoken, anonymously of course, via online sites called “PoliceOne.com,” and “Thee Rant.”
Here is one of the comments compiled by NYmag.com.
Disclaimer: They are ugly and very upsetting and all typos come directly from the source.
SAPDMAS: Again if Mr walking heart attack had simply put his hamburger shovels behind his back, he wouldn’t have had a heartbattackmfor over exerting himself. The NYPD did absolutely nothing wron. Tomthe guys slamming these NYPD officekrs, I and many here wouldn’t want any of you guys around us on a critical,incident. Hopefully you guys are desk jockeys.
Get MORE at EURThisNThat.
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here