*Rihanna‘s reason for deleting a recent tweet pertaining to the conflict between Israel and Palestine has been revealed.
According to a source connected to the situation, Rihanna’s #FreePalestine tweet was never meant to be sent out in the first place.
“She deleted it because it was never meant to be tweeted,” the source shared with TMZ. “She didn’t even realize it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans.”
The source went on to state that Rihanna was reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. Soon after, Ri-Ri found herself fielding inquiries from fans that asked why she was pro-Palestine.
Rihanna is not pro-Palestine or pro-Israel … “she is pro-peace,” according to a source close to the singer. “She doesn’t want innocent people dying.”
Moments after deleting the #FreePalestine tweet, Rihanna tweeted a message praying for peace as well as an end to the conflict in the Middle East.
The tweet reads as follows in the image below:
Rihanna’s #FreePalestine deletion follows the same action Dwight Howard took after he tweeted #FreePalestine and immediately apologized for putting himself into the conversation about international politics.
“It seems fantastically mean-spirited that people would have a problem with what [Dwight] said,” Ibish told TMZ. “It was a very vague, humanitarian message. It’s an unobjectionable value.”
The Task Force, TMZ noted, is dedicated to creating a Palestinian state that can peacefully coexist with Israel. Although he understands Howard’s reason for deleting his tweet, Ibish is more alarmed by the fact that Howard’s wish for freedom for Palestinians was met with such opposition.
“I understand why a sports star would delete the message and not want to get involved in such a serious issue,” he said … “but what takes me back is that [Dwight] simply wished freedom for Palestinians. I don’t understand the offense.”
As for Rihanna and her #FreePalestine deletion, Ibish took a neutral view, saying, “The entertainers should probably entertain us, and let the policy makers deal with the conflict.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here