*Rihanna‘s reason for deleting a recent tweet pertaining to the conflict between Israel and Palestine has been revealed.
According to a source connected to the situation, Rihanna’s #FreePalestine tweet was never meant to be sent out in the first place.
“She deleted it because it was never meant to be tweeted,” the source shared with TMZ. “She didn’t even realize it was a tweet until she started hearing from her fans.”
The source went on to state that Rihanna was reading about the Middle East conflict online when she clicked a link. Soon after, Ri-Ri found herself fielding inquiries from fans that asked why she was pro-Palestine.
Rihanna is not pro-Palestine or pro-Israel … “she is pro-peace,” according to a source close to the singer. “She doesn’t want innocent people dying.”
Moments after deleting the #FreePalestine tweet, Rihanna tweeted a message praying for peace as well as an end to the conflict in the Middle East.
The tweet reads as follows in the image below:
Rihanna’s #FreePalestine deletion follows the same action Dwight Howard took after he tweeted #FreePalestine and immediately apologized for putting himself into the conversation about international politics.
“It seems fantastically mean-spirited that people would have a problem with what [Dwight] said,” Ibish told TMZ. “It was a very vague, humanitarian message. It’s an unobjectionable value.”
The Task Force, TMZ noted, is dedicated to creating a Palestinian state that can peacefully coexist with Israel. Although he understands Howard’s reason for deleting his tweet, Ibish is more alarmed by the fact that Howard’s wish for freedom for Palestinians was met with such opposition.
“I understand why a sports star would delete the message and not want to get involved in such a serious issue,” he said … “but what takes me back is that [Dwight] simply wished freedom for Palestinians. I don’t understand the offense.”
As for Rihanna and her #FreePalestine deletion, Ibish took a neutral view, saying, “The entertainers should probably entertain us, and let the policy makers deal with the conflict.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here