During an interview with Vlad TV, the Chicago lyricist confirmed that all the back and forth was, as many people thought, motivated by Serena Williams.
“I think that was, for me, an emotional thing. I was feeling like…at that time, I think it was the “Drake/Serena situation” I didn’t know what was going on with that. I didn’t know if he was throwing things, shots or anything,” said Common. “This is my ex and we kind of going our separate ways. Unfortunately the war might have been over a girl, even if at the time I never said that.”
Sparked by Williams, Common’s beef with Drake goes back to 2011, when the “I Used to Love H.E.R.” rhymer was working on his album, “The Dreamer/The Believer.” After Common fired the first shot with his song, “Sweet,” listeners believed that Drake was the intended target, which Common later confirmed. As a result, Drizzy responded with his verse on Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin’.” Although Williams was mentioned as the cause of the beef, it wasn’t confirmed until now.
To see Common’s entire Vlad TV interview, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here