During an interview with Vlad TV, the Chicago lyricist confirmed that all the back and forth was, as many people thought, motivated by Serena Williams.
“I think that was, for me, an emotional thing. I was feeling like…at that time, I think it was the “Drake/Serena situation” I didn’t know what was going on with that. I didn’t know if he was throwing things, shots or anything,” said Common. “This is my ex and we kind of going our separate ways. Unfortunately the war might have been over a girl, even if at the time I never said that.”
Sparked by Williams, Common’s beef with Drake goes back to 2011, when the “I Used to Love H.E.R.” rhymer was working on his album, “The Dreamer/The Believer.” After Common fired the first shot with his song, “Sweet,” listeners believed that Drake was the intended target, which Common later confirmed. As a result, Drizzy responded with his verse on Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin’.” Although Williams was mentioned as the cause of the beef, it wasn’t confirmed until now.
To see Common’s entire Vlad TV interview, check out the video below:
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here