During an interview with Vlad TV, the Chicago lyricist confirmed that all the back and forth was, as many people thought, motivated by Serena Williams.
“I think that was, for me, an emotional thing. I was feeling like…at that time, I think it was the “Drake/Serena situation” I didn’t know what was going on with that. I didn’t know if he was throwing things, shots or anything,” said Common. “This is my ex and we kind of going our separate ways. Unfortunately the war might have been over a girl, even if at the time I never said that.”
Sparked by Williams, Common’s beef with Drake goes back to 2011, when the “I Used to Love H.E.R.” rhymer was working on his album, “The Dreamer/The Believer.” After Common fired the first shot with his song, “Sweet,” listeners believed that Drake was the intended target, which Common later confirmed. As a result, Drizzy responded with his verse on Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin’.” Although Williams was mentioned as the cause of the beef, it wasn’t confirmed until now.
To see Common’s entire Vlad TV interview, check out the video below:
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here