During an interview with Vlad TV, the Chicago lyricist confirmed that all the back and forth was, as many people thought, motivated by Serena Williams.
“I think that was, for me, an emotional thing. I was feeling like…at that time, I think it was the “Drake/Serena situation” I didn’t know what was going on with that. I didn’t know if he was throwing things, shots or anything,” said Common. “This is my ex and we kind of going our separate ways. Unfortunately the war might have been over a girl, even if at the time I never said that.”
Sparked by Williams, Common’s beef with Drake goes back to 2011, when the “I Used to Love H.E.R.” rhymer was working on his album, “The Dreamer/The Believer.” After Common fired the first shot with his song, “Sweet,” listeners believed that Drake was the intended target, which Common later confirmed. As a result, Drizzy responded with his verse on Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin’.” Although Williams was mentioned as the cause of the beef, it wasn’t confirmed until now.
To see Common’s entire Vlad TV interview, check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here