*Women’s tennis world No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week’s Swedish Open due to her viral illness.
Williams was forced to pull out of her doubles match with her sister Venus at Wimbledon last week after struggling in the warm-up and requiring treatment from the doctor.
she decided to withdraw from the encounter following the third game after serving four successive double faults and appearing to struggle with her vision.
Williams, who won the Swedish Open last year, said: “I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100 percent. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it’s not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week. I want to thank all my fans and the event organizers, for their support and comprehension.
“Bastad was my favourite tournament I played in last year, thus I am very disappointed not to come back there. But there is still next, year, so I can’t wait to go back there.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Chris Brown: New Single ‘Grass Ain’t Greener’ Coming May 5
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here