*Women’s tennis world No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week’s Swedish Open due to her viral illness.
Williams was forced to pull out of her doubles match with her sister Venus at Wimbledon last week after struggling in the warm-up and requiring treatment from the doctor.
she decided to withdraw from the encounter following the third game after serving four successive double faults and appearing to struggle with her vision.
Williams, who won the Swedish Open last year, said: “I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100 percent. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it’s not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week. I want to thank all my fans and the event organizers, for their support and comprehension.
“Bastad was my favourite tournament I played in last year, thus I am very disappointed not to come back there. But there is still next, year, so I can’t wait to go back there.”
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here