*Women’s tennis world No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week’s Swedish Open due to her viral illness.
Williams was forced to pull out of her doubles match with her sister Venus at Wimbledon last week after struggling in the warm-up and requiring treatment from the doctor.
she decided to withdraw from the encounter following the third game after serving four successive double faults and appearing to struggle with her vision.
Williams, who won the Swedish Open last year, said: “I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100 percent. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it’s not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week. I want to thank all my fans and the event organizers, for their support and comprehension.
“Bastad was my favourite tournament I played in last year, thus I am very disappointed not to come back there. But there is still next, year, so I can’t wait to go back there.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here