*Women’s tennis world No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from next week’s Swedish Open due to her viral illness.
Williams was forced to pull out of her doubles match with her sister Venus at Wimbledon last week after struggling in the warm-up and requiring treatment from the doctor.
she decided to withdraw from the encounter following the third game after serving four successive double faults and appearing to struggle with her vision.
Williams, who won the Swedish Open last year, said: “I decided not to play in Bastad, because I am still not feeling 100 percent. I want to be in perfect condition to go back on court, but unfortunately it’s not the case. I really hope to be able to get back to training from next week. I want to thank all my fans and the event organizers, for their support and comprehension.
“Bastad was my favourite tournament I played in last year, thus I am very disappointed not to come back there. But there is still next, year, so I can’t wait to go back there.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here