*Shaquille O’Neal and rapper Waka Flocka Flame are being sued for reposting a photo of a man with a rare disorder and mocking his appearance.
Jahmel Binion posted a selfie back in April which Shaq and Waka eventually reposted with captions that made fun of his appearance. Jahmel suffers from a disorder called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. It causes limited hair growth, missing teeth, and facial deformities.
Once Shaq found out about Jahmel’s condition he took down the post, got in touch with Jahmel and apologized. He tweeted, “Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude. #alwayslearning #MYBADCUZ.”
Well, apparently the apology wasn’t enough. Jahmel has now filed a defamation suit against Shaq, Waka, and Utah Jazz guard Trey Burke, who allegedly threw in his own insults over social media. The lawsuit points out that more than 8.4 million people saw the insults.
Jahmel, 23, told the Macomb Daily in Michigan: “When they said sorry, I felt like they were saying it to get the pressure off of them for being considered ‘bad people.’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here