*Shaquille O’Neal and rapper Waka Flocka Flame are being sued for reposting a photo of a man with a rare disorder and mocking his appearance.
Jahmel Binion posted a selfie back in April which Shaq and Waka eventually reposted with captions that made fun of his appearance. Jahmel suffers from a disorder called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. It causes limited hair growth, missing teeth, and facial deformities.
Once Shaq found out about Jahmel’s condition he took down the post, got in touch with Jahmel and apologized. He tweeted, “Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude. #alwayslearning #MYBADCUZ.”
Well, apparently the apology wasn’t enough. Jahmel has now filed a defamation suit against Shaq, Waka, and Utah Jazz guard Trey Burke, who allegedly threw in his own insults over social media. The lawsuit points out that more than 8.4 million people saw the insults.
Jahmel, 23, told the Macomb Daily in Michigan: “When they said sorry, I felt like they were saying it to get the pressure off of them for being considered ‘bad people.’”
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here