*Shaquille O’Neal and rapper Waka Flocka Flame are being sued for reposting a photo of a man with a rare disorder and mocking his appearance.
Jahmel Binion posted a selfie back in April which Shaq and Waka eventually reposted with captions that made fun of his appearance. Jahmel suffers from a disorder called hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia. It causes limited hair growth, missing teeth, and facial deformities.
Once Shaq found out about Jahmel’s condition he took down the post, got in touch with Jahmel and apologized. He tweeted, “Made a new friend today when I called and apologized to Jahmel Binion. Great dude. #alwayslearning #MYBADCUZ.”
Well, apparently the apology wasn’t enough. Jahmel has now filed a defamation suit against Shaq, Waka, and Utah Jazz guard Trey Burke, who allegedly threw in his own insults over social media. The lawsuit points out that more than 8.4 million people saw the insults.
Jahmel, 23, told the Macomb Daily in Michigan: “When they said sorry, I felt like they were saying it to get the pressure off of them for being considered ‘bad people.’”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here