*Stephen A. Smith tells TMZ he has no plans to challenge ESPN’s decision to suspend him for on-air comments he made about domestic violence, telling the website, “It was my mistake.”
“I’m a man … you deal with the things that you do,” Smith told TMZ at LaGuardia Airport.
Smith said he has not yet spoken with ESPN co-worker Michelle Beadle, who was extremely critical of his comments, but praised her as a “great person.”
Smith stepped into some mess on Friday’s “First Take” when he implied that women can “provoke” domestic violence. He made an on-air apology Monday, but ESPN suspended him anyway…until next Wednesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here