*Stephen A. Smith tells TMZ he has no plans to challenge ESPN’s decision to suspend him for on-air comments he made about domestic violence, telling the website, “It was my mistake.”
“I’m a man … you deal with the things that you do,” Smith told TMZ at LaGuardia Airport.
Smith said he has not yet spoken with ESPN co-worker Michelle Beadle, who was extremely critical of his comments, but praised her as a “great person.”
Smith stepped into some mess on Friday’s “First Take” when he implied that women can “provoke” domestic violence. He made an on-air apology Monday, but ESPN suspended him anyway…until next Wednesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Cast, Directors Talk Black Panther, Spider-Man and ‘Selfish’ Cap (EUR Exclusive)
- Twitter User Shares Story About Horrifying Rape at Spelman
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here