*Stephen A. Smith tells TMZ he has no plans to challenge ESPN’s decision to suspend him for on-air comments he made about domestic violence, telling the website, “It was my mistake.”
“I’m a man … you deal with the things that you do,” Smith told TMZ at LaGuardia Airport.
Smith said he has not yet spoken with ESPN co-worker Michelle Beadle, who was extremely critical of his comments, but praised her as a “great person.”
Smith stepped into some mess on Friday’s “First Take” when he implied that women can “provoke” domestic violence. He made an on-air apology Monday, but ESPN suspended him anyway…until next Wednesday.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here