*Stephen A. Smith tells TMZ he has no plans to challenge ESPN’s decision to suspend him for on-air comments he made about domestic violence, telling the website, “It was my mistake.”
“I’m a man … you deal with the things that you do,” Smith told TMZ at LaGuardia Airport.
Smith said he has not yet spoken with ESPN co-worker Michelle Beadle, who was extremely critical of his comments, but praised her as a “great person.”
Smith stepped into some mess on Friday’s “First Take” when he implied that women can “provoke” domestic violence. He made an on-air apology Monday, but ESPN suspended him anyway…until next Wednesday.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here