The boxing legend had nothing but praises for the singer, who is portraying him in the upcoming movie “Hands of Stone.” From the looks of it, Usher appears to be a natural fit for the role.
“He has that thing, that thing that has no name — and that’s that feel, that’s our rhythm, Usher has that,” Leonard told HipHollywood.com.
“Hands of Stone” tells the story of Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran, who fought two legendary boxing matches in the 1980’s against Leonard. According to reports, Usher had to drop from 180 pounds to Leonard’s fighting weight of 146 pounds, grow an afro, and go through an intense boxing workout regimen in order to play Leonard.
Apparently, Usher’s hard work did not go unnoticed as Leonard had only one request to make the singer’s transformation complete. “He has 8-packs and I told him to take away two because I only had a six,” the boxing icon. “He is an incredible student of the game of boxing.”
For more of Sugar Ray Leonard’s thoughts on Usher playing him in “Hands of Stone,” check out the video below:
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here