The boxing legend had nothing but praises for the singer, who is portraying him in the upcoming movie “Hands of Stone.” From the looks of it, Usher appears to be a natural fit for the role.
“He has that thing, that thing that has no name — and that’s that feel, that’s our rhythm, Usher has that,” Leonard told HipHollywood.com.
“Hands of Stone” tells the story of Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran, who fought two legendary boxing matches in the 1980’s against Leonard. According to reports, Usher had to drop from 180 pounds to Leonard’s fighting weight of 146 pounds, grow an afro, and go through an intense boxing workout regimen in order to play Leonard.
Apparently, Usher’s hard work did not go unnoticed as Leonard had only one request to make the singer’s transformation complete. “He has 8-packs and I told him to take away two because I only had a six,” the boxing icon. “He is an incredible student of the game of boxing.”
For more of Sugar Ray Leonard’s thoughts on Usher playing him in “Hands of Stone,” check out the video below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here