*The first week of live telecasts for “The View” since news of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy’s impending departures brought “The View’s” first-ever ratings loss to CBS rival “The Talk.”
ABC’s daytime series fell 60,000 viewers shy of “The Talk” in the women 25-54 demographic — 667,000 to 606,000. It’s a first for the four-year-old series, which launched in 2010 with the exact same format as “The View.”
“The Talk’s” all-female panel, which gets a summer lift from Julie Chen’s added exposure hosting “Big Brother” three nights a week, also won among women 18-49.
Total viewership was still in “The View’s” favor for the week of July 7. The show averaged 2.82 million to “The Talk’s” 2.66 million.
Still, it’s a blow for “The View” for the demo loss to come at this turning point for the series. Throughout the steady ratings drops and the high-profile exits — Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar last summer, Barbara Walters just a few months ago — “The View” has at least had the distinction of being No 1 in its micro-genre of female-fronted panels.
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Freedom Day Has Come for America's Youngest Murderers (Video)
- ‘Death By Gossip With Wendy Williams’ Set for Fall Debut on ID
- Chief Keef Plans to Perform in 3 Cities Simultaneously Via Hologram
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here