*The first week of live telecasts for “The View” since news of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy’s impending departures brought “The View’s” first-ever ratings loss to CBS rival “The Talk.”
ABC’s daytime series fell 60,000 viewers shy of “The Talk” in the women 25-54 demographic — 667,000 to 606,000. It’s a first for the four-year-old series, which launched in 2010 with the exact same format as “The View.”
“The Talk’s” all-female panel, which gets a summer lift from Julie Chen’s added exposure hosting “Big Brother” three nights a week, also won among women 18-49.
Total viewership was still in “The View’s” favor for the week of July 7. The show averaged 2.82 million to “The Talk’s” 2.66 million.
Still, it’s a blow for “The View” for the demo loss to come at this turning point for the series. Throughout the steady ratings drops and the high-profile exits — Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar last summer, Barbara Walters just a few months ago — “The View” has at least had the distinction of being No 1 in its micro-genre of female-fronted panels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here