*The first week of live telecasts for “The View” since news of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy’s impending departures brought “The View’s” first-ever ratings loss to CBS rival “The Talk.”
ABC’s daytime series fell 60,000 viewers shy of “The Talk” in the women 25-54 demographic — 667,000 to 606,000. It’s a first for the four-year-old series, which launched in 2010 with the exact same format as “The View.”
“The Talk’s” all-female panel, which gets a summer lift from Julie Chen’s added exposure hosting “Big Brother” three nights a week, also won among women 18-49.
Total viewership was still in “The View’s” favor for the week of July 7. The show averaged 2.82 million to “The Talk’s” 2.66 million.
Still, it’s a blow for “The View” for the demo loss to come at this turning point for the series. Throughout the steady ratings drops and the high-profile exits — Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar last summer, Barbara Walters just a few months ago — “The View” has at least had the distinction of being No 1 in its micro-genre of female-fronted panels.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here