*The first week of live telecasts for “The View” since news of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy’s impending departures brought “The View’s” first-ever ratings loss to CBS rival “The Talk.”
ABC’s daytime series fell 60,000 viewers shy of “The Talk” in the women 25-54 demographic — 667,000 to 606,000. It’s a first for the four-year-old series, which launched in 2010 with the exact same format as “The View.”
“The Talk’s” all-female panel, which gets a summer lift from Julie Chen’s added exposure hosting “Big Brother” three nights a week, also won among women 18-49.
Total viewership was still in “The View’s” favor for the week of July 7. The show averaged 2.82 million to “The Talk’s” 2.66 million.
Still, it’s a blow for “The View” for the demo loss to come at this turning point for the series. Throughout the steady ratings drops and the high-profile exits — Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar last summer, Barbara Walters just a few months ago — “The View” has at least had the distinction of being No 1 in its micro-genre of female-fronted panels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here