*The first week of live telecasts for “The View” since news of Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy’s impending departures brought “The View’s” first-ever ratings loss to CBS rival “The Talk.”
ABC’s daytime series fell 60,000 viewers shy of “The Talk” in the women 25-54 demographic — 667,000 to 606,000. It’s a first for the four-year-old series, which launched in 2010 with the exact same format as “The View.”
“The Talk’s” all-female panel, which gets a summer lift from Julie Chen’s added exposure hosting “Big Brother” three nights a week, also won among women 18-49.
Total viewership was still in “The View’s” favor for the week of July 7. The show averaged 2.82 million to “The Talk’s” 2.66 million.
Still, it’s a blow for “The View” for the demo loss to come at this turning point for the series. Throughout the steady ratings drops and the high-profile exits — Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar last summer, Barbara Walters just a few months ago — “The View” has at least had the distinction of being No 1 in its micro-genre of female-fronted panels.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here