“I think Solange was quite ready for him to do whatever he was going to do,” Goldberg said. “This is the thing: If anybody hits you, you have the right—I know that many people are raised in a very different way—but if a woman hits you, to me, you have the right to hit her back.”
Apparently, Goldberg is revisiting that stance in regards to Smith, who issued an apology for his remarks before he was suspended by ESPN for one week. The comments in question involved Smith’s response last week during a discussion on Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, who was suspended for two games after a video showing him dragging his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, out of an elevator unconscious. During the chat, Smith said he would tell women his family that they should never “provoke” a man.
The TV personality’s comments were in the right, according to Goldberg, who feels that Smith didn’t say anything wrong. As for Rice, “The Color Purple” star mentioned that since Palmer hit him, he had every right to hit her back.
So is Goldberg in the right for defending Smith or is she totally off base? Feel free to weigh in below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here